Basic single stick/ sword, lays the groundwork for excellence in your FMA training.
Continue the foundations of Kali Ilustrisimo with this 6 hour seminar. Attendance at the previous seminar is recommended but not required, as there will be a short review of the material presented. Another BSS seminar will be available to those who did not attend the previous one.
- Review of Ilustrisimo system footwork and striking pattern/ angles of attack
- Basic attack and defensive striking combinations, applied with oblique & horizontal movement drills
- Disarming via standing joint locks
- Stick locking/ submission
- Alternative parrying patterns (long range)
All attendees of this seminar you will be provided with a course outline for the material presented.
- comfortable training clothes (including clean indoor shoes if you prefer)
- escrima (training sticks)
- water bottle
Please note that escrima ($25, per pair) and carrying cases ($15) will be available for sale as well as water bottles ($1) and club shirts ($20), if desired.
Lunch break is 30 minutes, please bring a lunch with you. There are also a number of locations nearby that will provide food expediently. Alternatively, contact PG Dax to have lunch arranged for an additional $20.
Instructor: Punong Guro Dax Williams
Cost: $75 (+gst)
Location: Kali Academy of Martial Arts